Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Melted Crayon Rocks

This project is awesome!  I saw it on THIS blog.  I thought it looked like lots of fun so we gave it try.

First collect a bunch of rocks from your yard.  We have an over abundance.  I would suggest finding bigger rather than smaller rocks.
Place them on a foil lined cookie sheet in your oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes or so.  I'm not exactly sure on the time, we stuck ours in and then ate lunch.

Next gather a bunch of different colored crayons and remove the wrappers.  Or if your like me and your kids love to peel off the wrappers you won't have to do this step.
Take a rock out of the oven (with oven mitts) and place the rock on a piece of foil on top of a pot holder or fabric placemat.
Then touch the rock with the crayon and it instantly melts and runs all over the place!!! You can then paint with crayons.  Mix colors and overlap, it's really fun!!!!  Next time I'll be sure to do more rocks for me!
We place ours just outside our side door in the flower bed.  They really are lovely to look at!



3 comments: