Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lilly's Star

 So things have been crazy crazy crazy around here!  But Lilly asked me last night if she could make something for her teacher at school.  I asked her what she wanted to make and she said a star.  So I suggested one out of felt stuffed with Poly-fil and she agreed.
So we made a pattern and she cut it out the felt and woke up bright and early this morning  (yea!) to sew it.  I asked her if she wanted to use the sewing machine but she wasn't quite ready for that yet and she was happy to sew it by hand :)  That's how I started.
 Then we wrapped it up and I remembered I was going to take a picture of the finished product.  Oops.  Just imagine that cute little star all stuffed and full.
She looks a little like an orphan with that fake, forced smile and messy bed head hair.
I need to help her make (sew) more things while she is eager to do it.   I've been thinking for a while now to teacher how to use the sewing machine.  I know kids younger than her (she is 7) can and have used a sewing machine.  I found THIS website that is awesome!  It has lots of different sewing projects for kids.  It starts with Preschool and goes up to Intermediate Level 5.  I think it would be fun to have her do all the classes.  Anyone have any tips on teaching a child to sew?

No comments:

Post a Comment