Monday, May 21, 2012

The Ned Zone


Lilly's school has a NED assembly every year.  It's about never giving up and being positive and all that jazz and they do this assembly in conjunction with yo-yo's and they have people doing all kinds of yo-yo tricks and stuff and then they sell them (the yo-yo's not the kids) for about a week after the assembly.  Every year Lilly has wanted a yo-yo.  I've never got her one because I don't think 5 and 6 year olds and $10 yo-yo's go very well together.  Last year I got her a yo-yo ball from Target after the assembly but this year, she talked about nothing else but a red, boomerang yo-yo for a full week and she told me that they have this "Ned Zone"  at recess where all the kids with yo yo's can go to practice their tricks.... and by tricks I mean kids throwing yo yo's and getting them all tangled up together and spending most of their time rewinding them.
But we bought her the yo-yo and she took it school with her the next day.
It just happened to be "Cool Mom's and Cookies" day so I went at lunch to read with her and had to go out to look for her on playground.  Max found her and kept pointing to her, and lo and behold she was in
the  "Ned Zone."  She was pretty much the best one out there.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'm still kicking myself for not having my phone so I could get a picture of this.
So cute!  Seriously so cute!
I wish kids could stay as awesome as they are in Elementary School, ALWAYS!
Kids are awesome!




"Forward Pass" (even though it looks like it's going backwards in this picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment