Friday, October 22, 2010

Projects Around the House


I thought I would post some pictures of some projects I've done around the house the last few weeks. First is this basket. Well not the basket, that was made by someone in China probably, but I made the liner for it with some leftover fabric from some pillows I made a about a year ago. 
As a rule the kids aren't allowed to bring toys upstairs, they stay in the basement. (Yeah right!) Max especially always seems to have toys (cars and trucks) laying around all over upstairs. Then, like 5 times a day, I have to carry them back down stairs. (If I didn't there would be no place to walk...seriously) So to solve that problem I made the liner for this basket, which fits nicely between the top of the coffee table and the bottom part.  So its out of sight and the cars and trucks can be put away quickly and easily.



Here is the pillow.
 This is the second project. I used contact paper and cut out different shapes and stuck them on the wall...as  an Art/back splash. I haven't decided yet if I like it. It's been up now for about 3 weeks and I can't tell if I like it, or  if I'm just used to it.  I don't hate it when I look at it..what do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment