Monday, August 29, 2011

Birthday Weekend

This weekend was Jarrett's Birthday.  His family also came into town to go to a funeral and stayed with us.  It was also Jarrett's Dad's Birthday.  My little sister's little boy also has been in the hospital.  It's weird how one day everything can be fine and your life is fairly normal and then the next moment your whole world can be turned upside down.  Really makes me slow down and remember what's important and to always tell my loved ones I love them and how much I appreciate them.  It's been crazy these last 4 days.  Here are a few pictures of my hubby's Birthday and his parents visit.

Horrible, horrible picture of the Strawberry pie I made my husband (per his request).  He likes pie better than cake and it's a nice change from cake.  Since there are about 9 of us who have birthdays between the end of August to the end of September.


I thought the bright light from the outside that was coming in through the window would make for a bad picture so I closed the curtains and ended up with a lot of  bad pictures anyways.  I posted a lot of these pictures because they are just so wacky.  Everyone is making or doing weird things in them all.  P.S.  Lilly and Max are wearing Dracula teeth...of course.




 ha ha!  This  picture makes me laugh.  Paikia was squeezing Max so hard!  LOL!

The Birthday Boys


Jarrett and his brother

The kids love Uncle Jimmy.  Max wore his sunglasses on his forehead just like Jimmy all weekend.

This is the second strawberry pie I made.  My family came over later that night to celebrate.  Minus Shaunie and family.  It was weird to not have them there.  It almost felt wrong to be celebrating when they are going through such a hard time.  Not sure how to explain the feeling.  Anyone else ever felt like that?  Then I felt guilty for feeling that way because I love Jarrett with all my heart, he is my best friend and he is someone to be celebrated.  I wanted his birthday to be a good one and I think people should be treated extra special on their birthdays.  I just hope I didn't make him feel that he wasn't as great as he is.
After all was said and done he thanked me for a great day and assured me that he had a good day.
He is a great guy and I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment