Monday, March 5, 2012

How to: Make Cooked Playdough

 It's super easy, WAY better than the non-cooked salt dough version, fast to make, and lasts forever!  Well not literally.  But maybe?  I kept the last batch I made, in a ziploc bag in the fridge and we had it for 10 months and was still just as soft and nice as the day I made it.  Seriously.  The only reason I made more, was because my husband took the other to church for a Primary lesson.
Here's the recipe:

1C Flour
1/2 C Salt
1C Water
2 Tbsp oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp. food coloring
Combine the dry ingredients in a stove top pot and gradually stir in the water mixed with oil and food coloring.   I mixed mine in with a fork.  Once it's combined I use a wooden spoon to stir.
Stir continually over med-high heat, until a ball forms.  This happens pretty quickly.
Remove from heat and place on a piece of wax paper and knead until smooth.
Keep in an airtight container.
You don't have to keep it in the fridge, but my sister said hers lasts longer if kept in the fridge and I keep mine there.  Like I said before it was still smooth and soft 10 months later.


No comments:

Post a Comment