Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Free Day

Today is the anniversary of my Father's Death.  8 years ago today was pretty much the worst day of my life.   It's been an emotional week but my sister texted me this morning and asked if I wanted to join her and her kids to visit BYU's Paleontology Museum.  We've been holed up in the house for too long, with too much to stress over and I really needed to spend some time doing something not pertaining to Primary, or bills, or taxes, or blogs (Every year I have all my blog posts from that year turned into a book, using BLURB.  It's a nice way to preserve our history and the kids LOVE to look at the books.  But it is a TON of work.) so I happily agreed.  So what I thought was going to be a crappy sad day, turned out to be a really fun day.  Thanks Shaunie.


In our defense, these aren't the actual fossils, but casts made out of metal.


The kids loved the fake palm tree..?




You can watch people, looking for fossils.  Not super exciting, but.... kinda cool.




This staircase was actually the funnest part for them....But hey, they are 3 and 4.  There was a drinking fountain just below this railing that they could reach by sticking their fingers through the bars...oh and an outlet (that the drinking fountain was plugged into) about 5 inches above the drinking fountain.?  Not sure who thought that one out...probably no one.


Dinosaur museum didn't take very long so we went over to the Bean Museum.  



Max had to touch the "water" there by the hippo to see if it was real.



There was a lion there at the museum too that was on a slowly rotating display....thingy, that scared Max and William cause they thought it was alive and would eat them... (maybe a little help from mom on that one.  But hey I can't resist a chance to scare someone.)
The best part about all these museums is that they are FREE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got out of the house. Looks like the boys loved it! Sometimes we have to get out of our own heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Me too. It was a much needed break from the daily routine. We do need to get out of our own heads sometimes....me especially :)

    ReplyDelete