Monday, April 30, 2012

Me and My wide Brimmed Hat

I've been wanting a wide brimmed hat for me to wear outside for a long time.  When I was pregnant with Lilly I got MELASMA.  After I had her it stayed.  Everything I read said it would go away.  I went to a dermatologist who suggested that since I was still nursing, that was why it was still there.  After I stopped nursing her it slowly faded and went away.
So since I knew I was prone to Melasma, I wore a hat anytime I went outside when I was pregnant with Max.  I got the dark patches again anyways.  Only worse.  I nursed Max for 2 years.  After I stopped, they never went away.  I still have it.  I've used a Mary Kay product that has lighten them, but I obviously need something stronger.  In the last 4 years I very, very rarely leave the house without a hat on.  The only hats we have had, have been baseball hats.  Which still allow the sun on your face more than I would like.  So the answer is this $2 hat from Target.  We are going to become best friends this hat and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment