Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hike to the Y

Lilly and I took a little hike to the Y.  Here in Provo there is a big Y painted on the mountain (which stands for BYU (Brigham Young University)  It's a steep 1mile hike, with 12 switchbacks to get to the top.  In Lilly's 7 years on earth she has hiked it probably 6 or 7 times.  Lilly and I plan on doing it every Saturday together.  When the kids get older I'd like to spend a lot of time hiking with them in the summers, spring and fall and heck maybe even winter, if we more like this year.  Maybe we can do snow shoeing in the winter.  I really want my kids to love nature and love being outside as much as I do. Lilly did really really awesome hiking up.  She never complained once and hiked it like a champ.  She was going at least as fast, if not faster than most adults and teenagers.  I couldn't have gone much faster.
It was super windy and we saw a hawk and several other birds soaring and gliding in the wind.

 She was pouring water on her head.  She isn't a mad sweater like her mom...yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment