Friday, November 12, 2010

Felt Applique T-shirt

This morning as I was trying to find something for Lilly to wear, I found her plain, black, long sleeved shirt, that she wore on Halloween, as part of her cat costume, and I thought, I should add some felt to this and make it better, because the chances of Lilly wearing a plain black shirt are pretty slim.  Since she loves pink, and hearts, I decided to do just that.  I patterned it after her favorite Graphic Novel Character
Babymouse, who has a pink heart at the bottom of all her dresses.  Then I add the X's and O's just so it would look so plain.
 I sewed it on and made the X's and O's with Embroidery Floss.
Don't mind the wet hair.  I decided to do this, like a half an hour before she was supposed to be in school. She had just gotten out of the shower.



The cute necklace she is wearing, I made out of old scraps of fabric.  They are braided together.  I got the idea here.  I made a ton of them and they are fun to wear because they are so lightweight.   They also help to dress up a plain shirt.  It's a great idea to use up scraps of fabric and soooo easy!  They take like 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment