Friday, June 17, 2011

Lilly's Sketches

I was going to wait until Sunday to show these but they were just too cute.  Lilly (6 years) has been obsessed with comic books and Graphic Novel style books for a long time.  I think her father had something to do with it.   That being said, while I was working on a painting the other day she was looking through a Batgirl graphic novel and she started looking at and drawing some scenes and people from it.  I had to check twice on that guy with the cigarette in his mouth.  I thought she had traced it at first.  Nope, the original was about a quarter the size of the one she drew.  She just has a knack for drawing.  She has always been very observant.  When she was about 2 years old, we were driving in the car in the winter and she said to me "Look momma the mountains look blue."  I was 10 or 11 and my father had to point out to me in a painting class, that mountains from far away look blue or sometimes purple.



No comments:

Post a Comment