Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wacky hair day

* Today Lilly's school had wacky hair day
*A helicopter came to their school and gave everyone chapstick?  And Lilly said she's going to be on the news?  Not sure what that's all about but.......
*Lost my glasses and had to look for them for an hour and a half...I need to pay more attention to where I put my stuff.
* Carving pumpkins tonight...can't wait.
* I am attempting to sever my ties to Facebook.  It mostly just makes me angry.  Too many people telling other people what they think is acceptable to post.  This is my substitute for Facebook posts.  I'm going to write about my day and what's on my mind here.  Plus this will get published in ink at the end of the year and my Facebook posts are lost in cyber space.
* Almost finished with the Halloween costumes.
*Played Uno with Max again today. (7 games)  He loves that game and I love that he can play a game to help him recognize is numbers and colors.
*Ate a fried chicken TV dinner.  It was good.  30 grams of fat good.  Been a long time Hungry man, it's been a long time.
*Raked the neighborhood leaves out of our yard.....again.  3 black garbage bags full so far.  I really shouldn't complain.  It's exercise, and we enjoy the shade from the trees all summer.
* The kids and I made a scarecrow last night out of Walmart bags stuffed with leaves (we've got plenty) and Jarrett's old clothes.  The kids were so excited.  Too bad he doesn't have any arms.



*  Lilly got the Geneva Giant of Week award at school for excellence in reading and writing.
* I took this picture about a week ago while scootering around the track with Max.
* Jarrett and I went on a date about a week ago.  Dinner and a movie.  It's been a long time since we've done that..Too long.  Here is a picture from said date:  We waited almost 45 minutes for our food.  At Arby's.  What?
* We turned on the sprinklers one last time  about a week ago and Max ran through them.  Lilly was at a Birthday party.  Jarrett took this cute photo of Max.

*  The kids and I made these bats for our wall over Fall break last week.  Would have made more but we had no more paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment