Saturday, October 1, 2011

Library Day

I don't think there has ever been a time in my children's lives when there hasn't been Library books in our home.  I used to love going with Lilly we would sit and read every potential book as we would pull them out of the shelves and then come home with 20 new books to read over the course of the next 3 weeks.  Then when Max was born, it was much much harder to sit and read 20 books at the Library while he screamed his little heart out.  (Which we didn't).  So we would grab what looked good and get out fast.
Now that he is older, going to Library is easier.  At least when the kids behave.  My little Max, bless his heart, likes to run a muck and scream and shout (just because he knows he's not suppose to)  I will never criticize someone else's kids for not being quiet in the Library or anywhere else again.
But once we do find our books, and check them out (if we can do it without the kids hanging on the hall hand rail and climbing all over the bronze statue, while the Librarians repeatedly tell them to stop)  I mean really, don't put that statue there.  Right next to the check out place.  Or check my books out for me so I can keep them off.)   Then the ride home is awesome and so is the next hour or so at home.  Quiet.  Peace and quiet.  Especially when they get along enough for Lilly to read to Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment