Thursday, February 3, 2011

Guilt

So lately I've felt a  little guilty that I haven't been spending enough time with this little guy:
Look how lonely he looks.  I know I've spent too much time in the craft room when he brings his toys in there so he can be with me.  Anyone else ever feel that way?  Like you're always busy and always having to say 'no, not right now?'  It's not just craft stuff either.  I just feel like there's always work to be done.  Dinner to fix, lunch to fix, meals to clean up after.  Bed sheets to change, laundry to sort, wash, fold and put away.  I've kind of taken it easy the last few days and I am going to make it a point to spend at least an hour or so of uninterrupted time with him.  Doing whatever he wants to do.  We always spend 20 minutes or so with the kids before bed, reading books and winding down, but apparently for this little guy it's not enough.  Someday when he's all grown up and gone I'm going to miss him and wish I had spent more time with him.  Moms and guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment