Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ruffled Wreath Tutorial

So this morning as I was looking through the blogs I follow I came upon this cool ruffled lamp at Tatertots and Jello.  And I thought "That would make an awesome wreath!  So I made it and here is how:
What you'll need:

A wreath form
About 10 (depending on the size of your wreath) fabric strips 4 inches wide and about 80 inches long ( I used old bedsheets)
glue gun
An Iron






 Take your 4 inch fabric scraps and



 Fold one side over to the middle and press with an iron.  Then:



 Fold the other side over to the opposite edge and press again.


Take your glue gun and glue about 5 inches of squiggly lines on your wreath and stick the fabric to it.



 This is how the first row will look.  Just keep glueing until the wreath is filled both inside and out.


 I just glued a strip of fabric to the back of the wreath to hang it with.




No comments:

Post a Comment