Friday, May 27, 2011

Halloween Skull Jacket

Remember this fabric:
I finally made something with it!  It only took me 2 months to figure out what.  But once I decided, things went pretty quick.  I used a pattern I got from my MIL for a boys baseball style T-shirt, added a hood and some ribbing (actually a tank top purchased at D.I.) to the sleeves and waistband, and was going to add a zipper, when I realized that the zipper foot I had purchased didn't work on my machine.  So I took these pictures thinking I wasn't going to put in the zipper.  It's a bit big on him, but I figured if I was going to  use this awesome fabric, I wanted Max to be able to wear it for a long time.  (Yes Mom, it comes to his knees.)

Then as I was examining things I thought, "I could probably still put in the zipper and just use my regular presser foot.  So I did.  I'm sure all you REAL sewers out there are shaking your heads, but it was too late to go to the store so I just did what I normally do.   Make do with what I have.

Then after I got done taking those pictures I decided it needed pockets.  So I made some, and sewed them on.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Max LOVES his new jacket!! Cute!--or should I say, "Cool"!