Friday, January 28, 2011

Project: Hideous

 See this hideous  piece of wire.?  I made it!  Did you guess!  I was trying to create a chandelier  out of the wire and Christmas lights; for our Valentine dinner that's coming up.   I could tell even at this point, that it wasn't going to work out.  So why, you ask, did I continue?  Oh I don't know.... optimism....stupidity.  I was going for something like this.  But since I did not have a vintage drum lamp shade lying about; I was trying to think of something else I could use in it's place.  I wanted to use some chicken wire we have had (for the last 3 years) in our garage (from another project) but judging by the way the "hangers" worked out...I seriously doubt the chicken wire would work either.  I did get this cool shot though:




 Yeah.  Crap.  The lights were so heavy they kept sliding down.  Despite my attempts with twist ties.  It is so hideous.  I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

 Dear hideous project,
Thank you so much for wasting my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment